2013 has been a long year and probably not one that I'd really want to relive, what with my dad passing away in September, our pug passing away tragically the same month, the financial ups and downs, just wondering how we were going to make it, how we were going to make Christmas happen for our kids, struggling on and off with depression.. it's just been one of those years. But with the end of the year and the beginning of the year comes reflection and another chance to make things better, to start setting goals for yourself, personally, financially, and, of course, for LE BLOG.
If you've been with me since at least the beginning of the year, I set a few goals, totally forgot about them until Best Of... End of Year.. posts starting popping up. I revisited those goals last weekend and it was good to see what I've accomplished this year, all the while not even remembering those goals! :P
I had a hard time coming up with something to do for New Year's Eve nails, so I went with something easy, black with a glitter gradient! A lot of people decided on the same thing, so I'm glad I wasn't alone! I used 2 coats of my go-to black, Milani Black Swift and used a makeup sponge and China Glaze Prism for the glitter gradient.
Funny how you don't notice things at 2 in the morning and then see the flaws after you take photos and upload them! :P
Aaaaaaand.. goals for 2014!!
- Continue working on my photography skills. After investing in a light tent and working on placement of lighting, I'm getting there! I think the biggest thing is hand positions when not holding a bottle.. My pinky finger does not like to cooperate and sometimes it hurts to force it into position :\
- Invest in a new camera. The camera I'm currently using we've had for about 8 years. It has a great macro setting, but I'd like to advance to something more professional.
- Do reviews in a more timely manner. Realistically, I'm not sure how feasible that is, working full time and having two kids, but I definitely need to work on it.
- Participate in more challenges. I'm currently looking at doing 3 challenges in January. Probably a lot to take on, but you never know unless you try!
- Blog MOAR!!! I feel sad that I haven't been blogging as much as I'd like. Between work and being mom and doing housework, there are only so many hours in the day and I love my sleep!
- Finish jumping on the IG bandwagon! I do have an account set up, but my ancient Nokia Lumia 900 does not have an IG app and there aren't any good third-party apps :( Hopefully around April, I'll be able to upgrade my phone! Definitely looking at getting an iPhone, but I will not like going down to a small screen. My phone's screen is huuuuge! Maybe I'll get another Lumia, like the 1020.
- Nail art!! I love nail art.. watermarbling, stamping, freehand.. I want to work on all of those.
- Makeup reviews.. I loveloveLOVE makeup. I want to start doing makeup reviews, EOTD, FOTD.
I think that about sums it all up! Some pretty huge goals, but I think I can do it!
I hope everyone has a great New Year and I look forward to continuing on this journey with all of you!